We're finished! Actually, we finished a day ago but I was so tired I went to sleep before uploading this.
Instructions (up to 4 players):
- Every player is assigned 1 key for the match (Q, B, /, NumPad +)
- Press your key when the colour of your needle matches the colour of a bar in your track
- Needles will draw a new colour after every successful injection
- A special white strip will appear every 30 seconds, if injected, it will create an effect for the other 3 players, depending on what colour you injected it with
- Every match lasts 2 minutes, player with the highest score wins
- Have fun!
We decided to make a small game that was simple to learn and fun to play, and spend time polishing both the visuals and gameplay.
Some screenshots of progress and process over those 48 hours:
The barebones of our project, just using placeholders to test the game in Unity.
First visual mockup of the UI.
Some WIP screens of the character portraits.
Making the needle.
Refining the UI.
WIPs of the special character art.
All character idle portraits. I'm particularly attached to B-tan, since I somehow kept ending up playing her and winning.
Btw, my highscore was 63620 (with a 46 combo) if anyone wants to try beat it :P
UI design: Jason
Character Art: Pas